Trunk or Treat at Evangel Church
We have all given up so much in 2020, our kids included. Playdates that were cancelled, trips that were postponed, and playgrounds that were closed. Our kids have been absolute troopers in the fight against Covid!
We want to help kids have their Halloween! Evangel Church is committed to offering a Covid-safe way for kids to share their costumes and get candy this October. Together we can have Halloween in a safe way, it doesn't have to be one more thing that our kids give up.
Trunk or Treat Parades
Here's what to expect when attending Trunk or Treat:
- We do need you to register (this includes adults joining)! The link right under this post will take you to a page where you can register for 1 of 4 "parade" time slots.
- When you arrive, enter the parking lot and turn right. This will put you in a prime spot to check-in and get started.
- Head to our check-in booth. You will be asked a few screening questions and then sent along our "parade route" of cars. We will be spacing out each family that arrives to make sure that you have adequate distance in between parties.
- Collect your candy! Each car will have a fun and safe way of delivering your candy to you. Everyone of our volunteers distributing candy will be both masked and gloved to ensure safety all around. Your candy bags will have been assembled a minimum of 72 hrs. ahead of the event by a masked and gloved team of volunteers!
- When you finish the "route" simply hop into your car and head back out to get some more candy. Our volunteers will sanitize and re-glove in between each "parade" block.
Before Halloween: We are asking for candy donations that can be dropped off to the church office Monday-Thursday from 9am-5pm. We will also need those willing to assemble candy bags adhering to the stated safety protocols.
During Trunk or Treat: We need 13 additional cars & attendants to set up as a Trunk or Treat station. Each car can have a maximum of 1 attendant to ensure we remain under the gathering recommendations. To be a car & attendant, you will be required to wear the necessary protective equipment, decorate the trunk of your vehicle, and work with us to ensure a safe and distanced Halloween experience.
If you have further questions concerning our Trunk or Treat, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!