Welcome To Evangel Youth
In-Person Youth Gatherings Are Back!
We have been meeting over Zoom since the government banned public gatherings. However, now that the province is beginning to open up, gatherings of no more than 50 are permitted as long as physical distancing requirements are met. This means that we are able to have youth in person again!
We want this to be a safe place for your students, so we have some new procedures we must commit to at youth at all times:
- Our youth staff will be committed to championing students to physical distance from each other during youth at all times. If students refuse to adhere to physical distancing while at youth, we reserve the right to send them home.
- We will take attendance weekly in case we need to do contact tracing. Attendance information will remain confidential.
- If your student or someone in their immediate family unit is showing any signs of sickness, we kindly ask your student/s to stay home and join us again once they and/or their family member/s are healthy.
- Upon arrival to youth, if your child/ren show signs and symptoms of sickness, we will ask them and their siblings (if they are also attending) to go home and join us again once they are healthy.
- All games will still adhere to physical distancing and will not have contact points.
- Snack service will be suspended at this time.
- We will gather both indoors, in our auditorium, and outdoors as both spaces provide ample room to spread out to recommended distances to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19. In line with Doctor Bonnie Henry's recommendations, we will prioritize outdoor gatherings.
- At the end of youth, the pastoral team will disinfect all surfaces and contact points
If you have any questions about these procedures, please email Pastor Markus or phone us at the church office.
We look forward to coming together soon!